The Fruits of Awakening
A friend of mine, Abe Day, recently published an article on LDSFreemen.com, The 11th Commandment of the Book of Mormon. The article discusses the Book of Mormon warnings of Secret Combinations and the command to awaken to our awful situation. One of my favorite parts of the article is the list of the “fruits of the awakening”. Here’s an excerpt from the article…
These are life changing awakenings. I’ve have seen miraculous personal changes from myself and the people who have awaken to these things. It creates a keen awareness that we really are in a battle for our ETERNAL souls. It pierces the veil of darkness that Satan put around the whole earth.
The fruits of this awakening are:
- Having an intensely deepened testimony of the gospel and the Saviors plan of salvation.
- A more fervent attendance to family duties, church callings, temple attendance, consistent home teaching and family home evening,
- A magnified dislike for the evil influences on television.
- Diligence in preparedness in both spiritual and temporal matters.
- A more discerning ear and heart when listen to the Prophets and Apostles.
- A much greater determination to following the council and admonitions our inspired leaders.
- A desire to serve God more fully by developing and utilizing our talents to bring sheep to His fold with more zeal then ever before.
- A call to our Civic duties as a part of our ultimate responsibility that Jesus Christ will hold us accountable for at Judgment Day.
- An intensified willingness to protect, defend, and to proclaim the ‘Heavenly Banner’.
- A burning desire to uphold all that is holy and good and to more intently fulfill the three fold mission of The Church seeking earnestly the eternal truths from Christ and his prophets.
Can you think of other fruits of the awakening? Perhaps things that you’ve experienced in your own life as a result of waking up?